Water Softeners and Water Filters
Your Indoor Home Comfort Team's certified service technicians install and repair a variety of water appliances, including water heaters, softeners, filters and more.
Whether it's hard water issues or other water-related concerns, our team has the expertise to solve your water problems quickly and at a reasonable cost.
Why a water softener? Hard water contains several different metal ions like calcium and magnesium, which can eventually cause serious plumbing issues, promote galvanic corrosion and lead to buildup of limescale. The harmful properties of hard water are also responsible for that ugly ring in the bathtub and the hard to clean soap scum in your tub or shower stall.
Hard water can also ruin your wardrobe as it often leaves soap curd and detergent deposits on fabrics, dulls certain colors and leaves behind a gray or yellow appearance to white fabrics. Soap curd also clings to fabric fibers, causing the fine threads to weaken and become brittle.
Hard Water Issues
- Wastes soap and synthetic detergents.
- Spots and streaks glassware and dishes.
- Makes bathing more difficult for skin and hair.
- Builds up scale deposits in all water-using appliances and clogs hot water pipes.
Advantages of Soft Water
- Silverware and glassware are cleaner and shinier.
- Hair and skin feel softer, cleaner and smoother.
- Reduces housework by eliminating the formation of soap curd.
- Soaps and shampoos lather more, reducing the amount you use.
- Fabrics are softer without hard minerals trapped in them.
- Water-using appliances such as coffee and ice makers, dish and clothes washers last longer and use less energy.
- Reduces greenhouse gases, equivalent to removing one SUV from the road for one year.
The quality of the water you drink, bathe in and wash your clothes, refers to its physical, chemical and biological characteristics, which indicate the level of contaminants found in your water supply. Contaminants include tiny particles like sand, pesticides, microorganisms, minerals and metals.
As mentioned, a water softener can remove calcium and magnesium from your water supply, but only a water filter can protect your family from the harmful impurities found in water.
Our water filter systems can be installed next to your plumbing infrastructure to trap and filter out impurities and provide your family with crystal clear drinking water. Contact our office today to learn more about having a
Contact our office today to learn more about having a water softener and filter installed in your home.